This is our go-to recipe when we want to make lotion bars! It comes together easy (in about 30 minutes) and works great poured into tubes or in molds for a handheld lotion bar. Feel free to use this recipe and substitute your favorite light oils and butters to make you own variations for different uses, seasons and skin types. This recipe also doubles, triples etc. so that you can make larger batches.
Yield: (1) 2.5 oz. Deodorant tube or (5) .5 ounce Lotion Bar Tubes
1 ounce Hemp Oil (or other light oil of your choice)
.9 ounces Mango Butter (or any butter of your choice)
.6 ounces Beeswax or Carnauba Wax
10 drops Vitamin E Oil
40 drops (2 ml) Fragrance or Essential Oil
Mini Melting Pot
Tubes or molds
1. Gather all equipment and weigh/measure oil, butter, and wax into your mini melting pot
2. Gently melt oil, butter and wax until liquid. Do not overheat.
3. Cool to 120 degrees or below and add Vitamin E oil and Fragrance or Essential Oil
4. Pour into tubes and allow to cool for 6-8 hours.
5. Cap tubes, label and enjoy!