Makes 6 candles in about 2 hours
3 lbs. Candle Gel
3 lbs. Single Pour Container Wax
5.5 oz. Candle Fragrance Oil (Gel-compatible)
Gold Cosmetic Glitter
Kelly Green Liquid Candle Dye
6 Pre-Tabbed Wicks
6 Wick Clips
Wick Stick-em Tape
6 – 16 oz. Glass Jars
6 Burning Instruction Labels
Small Cookie Sheet
8 or 10 lb. Wax Melter
Make Your Gel Cubes
• Place gel in melter and set to 220 degrees.
• When gel is completely melted, add 3 drops of Kelly Green Liquid Candle Dye and 1.5 oz. gel compatible Fragrance Oil. Stir for 2 minutes with a metal spoon (being careful not to scape off the Teflon coating in the melter) until completely blended.
• Pour gel into cookie sheet and allow to cool to room temperature
• When gel is cool, peel from cookie sheet and cut gel into chunks with scissors
• Roll chunks in gold cosmetic glitter for sparkle
Melt Your Wax
• Place container wax into melter and set to 200 degrees
• After wax is melted, add 3 drops Kelly Green Liquid Candle Dye and 3 oz. of Fragrance oil and stir well.
Prepare Your Jars
• Place a container burning instruction label on the outside bottom of the jar
• Put a pre-tabbed wick into straw so that only the bottom tab is exposed
• Remove 1 side of back from the wick tape circles and stick it to the metal wick tab.
• Remove the other side of the backing and place the wick into the center bottom of the jar. Press on the tab to secure the adhesive.
• Place the bowtie shaped wick clip onto the top of your jar using the middle hole to center your wick. Slide wick into slot to secure. Your wick is now secure at the bottom and top of the candle and should not move once the wax is poured into the jar
Putting It All Together
• Lightly stack gel cubes into your jars up to the top leaving room for a lid if necessary. Make sure the wick stays centered.
• Slowly pour your melted wax into the jars being careful not to pour on the wick clip or directly on top of your glitter covered gel cubes. Fill your jars high enough so that some of your golden gel nuggets are exposed on the top of the candle.
• Allow 4-6 hours for your candles to cool. Do not rush the process by placing your candles in the refrigerator or the wax will crack!
• Remove the wick clip and trim your wick to ¼” before burning.
Sprinkle top of candle with additional glitter if desired. ENJOY!