Footprints in the Sand Candles make great gifts and are great decorations!
Materials Needed: A glass dish about 10inches in diameter & 3 inches tall Blue & White Sand Wax embed footprints HIgh Density Gel Different size & color shells Votive Glass Blue Votive Candle Transparency of ìFootprintsî poem
1. Arrange both colors of sand inthe bottom of the dish. The white represents the beach and the blue the water.
2. Place wax footprints in the sand, arrange shells where desired, then place votive glass in blue sand making sure it is level.
3. Heat gel wax to about 250 degrees and let cool until 210 before pouring. Allowing the gel to cool before pouring eliminates a lot of bubbles. Cover sand and shells with gel wax and any bubbles that appear can easily be removed with a heat gun.
4. Let cool. Place transparency on top of gel, directly over the footprints, rub across top of transparency with your finger lightly.
5. Reheat your gel, pour over the transparency about 1/4 inch to 1/2 inches high. Gently move your heat gun over the surface until the bubbles stop rising, this may take as long as 5 minutes.
The suggested retail price of this candle ranges from $15.95 to $25.00 depending on your area. The cost of manufacturing is around $6.50.