Applique candles can be great for all occasions and are so easily customized!
Square or rectangle candle with a long wick Tacky Wax Wax appliqués to fit candle Electric Pen Metallic Rub (if desired) Candle gloss
1. Trim the appliques to fit your candle if necessary.
2. Apply sticky wax in several places to the back of the appliqué and press carefully on one side of candle. DO NOT PRESS SO FIRMLY THAT YOU BREAK THE WAX APPLIQUE.
3. Continue placing & adhereing the other appliques around the candle making sure they are even and straight. Trim any overlapping edges if necessary.
4. Start adhereing the appliques to the candle by running the tip of the electric pen around each applique. With some practice you will be able to run the tip of the electric pen around the entire candle without having any drips. Buff out any drips you have made with piece of panty hose. You can also scrape drips off very carefully with a sharp knife.
5. Rub candle on raised surfaces with the metallic glitter, paint, stain or antiquing polish if desired. Let dry.
6. You can either dip the finished candle in liquid candle gloss or spray with a high gloss sealer.
7. Allow to dry and enjoy!
Project instructions provided by Marie Kauffman and copyright of Candles and Supplies.com.