Learn how easy it is to make your own apple pie candles at home!
For Pie Jars You will need:
Candle Gel (CC or LP Grade) Baked Apple Slices Apple Fragrance Ivory Liquid Dye Pre-tabbed 3inch Wick
Instructions for Jar Pies: 1. Attach your pre tabbed wick to the bottom of the jar. 2. Place approx. 1 TBSP natural cookie crumbs into the bottom of the jar and arrange fruit loosely into jar. 3. Heat gel to 230 degrees, add color and scent and stir well. You will only need to insert a toothpick into the liquid dye dropper and then stir into your gel. The colors are very strong! 4. Let gel cool to 200 degrees and carefully pour over wax fruit to cover completely. Gel should be thin enough to fit down into the spaces between the fruits and travel to the bottom of the jar. 5. After the gel cools completely, garnish the top with some more cookie crumbs or a wax dollop.
For Pies You Will Need: 5 1/2inch compote dessert bowl Dye Scent MP Gel Wax for Gel pies 3 wicks(51-32-18Z)w/high collar Glue gun Lattice Pie crust or Pie crust edge Baked Apple Slices
Instructions for Strawberry Pies:
1. Glue wicks in an evenly spaced triangular shape ^ about ¾ inches in from edge of dish.
2. Arrange fruit in bottom of dish (save some pieces if you desire a lattice top)
3. Heat Gel wax, add scent & dye, stir well but gently until scent & dye are thoroughly mixed throughout wax.
4. (For lattice top pies only) If a glazed finish is desired on remaining fruit take a sharp skewer ... stick firmly but carefully into extra fruit pieces & dip remaining pieces of wax fruit in gel wax remove from wax, let cool & set aside until needed.
5. When temperature is 210 degrees pour over layer of fruit in bottom of dish.
6. (Only for Lattice top Pies) Place wax lattice in dish centered over fruit being careful to pull wicks through holes in lattice. Straighten wicks & allow gel wax to flow into holes in the lattice. Place extra fruit in those holes, trim wicks.
7. Your Deep Dish Pie is complete. ENJOY!
TIP: To make a crumb topping simply add natural cookie crumbs to the top of the pie while the gel finish is cooling.
Name: SANDRA TAYLOR Review Date: 1/15/2019 8:19 pm Rating: 5